Sunday, May 22, 2011

Big Events of Pittsburgh

I didn't feel any loneliness in the past week because many amazing things around with me.

1.Thousands Of Runners Compete In Pittsburgh Marathons
Last Sunday when I was still sleeping, a electronic band was playing in front of my apartment. It was only 6 a.m  and the drum voice was very loudly.But after half an hour I knew it was marathon, and more than 22,000 runner were registered to take part in the Pittsburgh Marathon. That was a wonderful event!

2.Relationship Drama Leads To Shooting On Busy Shadyside Street
Last Wednesday my friend told me she heard three shots in her home. It was so close to my apartment and in broad daylight near the busy Giant Eagle Market District grocery store in. Then I searched on internet and knew a young man was wounded after shooting. That was a horrible event!

3.Vice President Joe Biden Visits Pittsburgh
Last Thursday I didn't wait my shuttle and the fifth avenue has been congested,so I had to walk. When I passed a big house I saw many police cars and many handsome guys, this was like in a movie!After a little time, a man told me vice president Joe Biden came to Pittsburgh and many streets were closed by police. That was a fancy event.

So I just want to say "fact is stranger than fiction".

Vivian

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who lives near Walnut Street in the Shadyside. At dawn of the marathon day his car was towed for being parked in the Walnut street where he always parks his car. He didn't know that the street was used for the marathon route...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I volunteered to help with the marathon! On Friday and Saturday, the runners had to go to David Lawrence Convention Center to pick up their packets, t-shirts, and bags. I helped with handing out the t-shirts on Friday. It was very fun to see all of the runners!

    ReplyDelete