Sunday, May 22, 2011

My pets!

Today, I thought I would share some things in my home.  I like to name things, but sometimes the names I give them do not make sense!  

First, this is my plant, Benjamin.  He isn't a pet, but I thought I would include him in the post anyway.  He is a ficus, I think, but I do not know for sure.  I rescued him from being thrown away.  He needs a new pot so he can grow bigger!  That is on my to-do list for the summer.



Next, I have three fish. 

The newest is a male veiltail betta.  I named him Bob Errey.  He is my newest pet.  I just bought him this weekend from Petco!


In case you are wondering, Bob Errey is a man who announces sports news for the Pittsburgh Penguins.  He also used to be a player for the Penguins!  He actually looks like this: 


It's a very funny name for a fish! 

Then, I have two mollies.  I named them Spic and Span.  

They were a gift from my friend Sarah!  Soon, I will buy them a bigger fish tank, and then Bob Errey will be moved into this fish tank!  That will make all of the fish much happier, because their tanks are too small. 

Oh, and Spic 'n' Span is a cleaning product.  It actually looks like this: 

I used to have a goldfish named Speck.  I thought the names Speck, Spic, and Span were good names together because they all start with the "Sp" sound!  Unfortunately, Speck recently died, but Spic and Span are still happy and healthy!

Next, I have a lizard.  He is a bearded dragon.  His name is Patrick, and I named Patrick after the sales person, who was named Patrick.  I don't have a picture of the salesperson, but he was a very nice person!



He's my oldest pet.  I have had him since 2004.  He looks like he has sharp spines on his back and face, but actually they are very soft and do not hurt at all.  Also, he doesn't have any teeth, so he doesn't bite.  He looks scarier than he is!  I call him my 'baby.'  


That's it for my pets!  Some day, I want to have many cats and dogs and other animals, but my apartment is very small.  For now, lizards and fish are the best pets for me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow~you are very humorous!
    And your life is interesting!
    Oh, I like the red Bob!

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to meet Patrick!
    I like lizards!
    you have really good friends!

    ReplyDelete