Saturday, May 14, 2011

Concerts

On Sunday, I will see a rock concert with some friends of mine at Club Cafe.   Club Cafe is in the South Side, and it is my favorite place in Pittsburgh to see live music.  I have been to many concerts there before.  Most of the concerts they have are American folk, rock, or pop artists, although sometimes they also have comedians and other types of performers.  The stage is very small, and you can also buy food and drinks there.  I like the environment there very much because I have always been able to meet the artists once their concerts are over.  I have been able to get autographs from many of my favorite artists that way. 

On June 7th, I will go to see another concert at Club Cafe.  The main performer will be Julian Velard.  I am unfamiliar with his music, but one of the opening acts is a woman named Rachael Sage, who is one of my favorite singers.  I am very excited about the concert!

I think Pittsburgh is a great city to live in if you like to go to concerts.  There are always many different kinds of concerts going on in the city for every style of music.  One of my favorite ways to keep informed about what concerts are happening is through Pittsburgh's City Paper (CP),  and also through Pittsburgh's Craigslist website.  I also hear about many great concerts through 'word of mouth,' which means that my friends recommended them to me.

Have you been to any concerts in the city?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, certainly!
    I like Heinz Hall, and Pittsburg Symphony Orchestra is very famous in the world.
    That is wonderful!
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete