Sunday, May 8, 2011

The National Aviary

Hello! I am YooJin.
This is my first post and I would like to introduce the National Aviary.
Last week, I visited the National Aviary. The National Aviary is located on Pittsburgh’s historic North Side, just minutes from downtown Pittsburgh, PNC Park and the Children’s Museum.
Also, you should pay 13$ to enter the National Aviary
and it is open Daily 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.

There are some interesting facts for the National Aviary.

First, The National Aviary has daily interactive experiences for visitors. you can interact with exotic birds by feeding them. You may get a chance to feed birds. When you hold a worm, a bird will take it.










Second, there is a laughing bird, Kookaburra Bird. Actually, I was most impressed by this bird. This bird can make a strange sound, echoing human laughter. That was so funny. You can encounter this bird at the entrance of wetland.





Lastly, there are African Penguins and you can experience unique underwater viewing. They are so cute and adorable. You can enter a small transparent space to see penguin closely through low path.

I really hope that all folks have a chance to enjoy the National Aviary.
It would be a good time for you and your family.

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful!
    May be I should plan to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! Maybe this summer, I will plan a trip there for the day!

    ReplyDelete