Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fallingwater

How time flies! I have been Pittsburgh for 8 months. Last autumn we had a trip around fallingwater. This is a house which is in rural southwestern Pennsylvania, 50 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.. It is designed by American architect Frank Lloyd Wright in 1935. The house was built on top of an active waterfall which flows beneath the house,and the environment around it is very beautiful. Fallingwater was once the  weekend home of Kaufmann's family . In 1963, Kaufmann, Jr. donated the property to the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy. Then, it was opened to the public as a museum.


tiger

2 comments:

  1. I know it!
    But I have no chance to go to here.
    I hope somebody will take me.

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been to Fallingwater yet, even though I have lived in Pittsburgh for many years. It sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete